Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More History of Addiction

I guess I need to get out my past so I can focus on my future. I should start with my abuse. As said before, I got high for the first time in Jr. High. By high school I was drinking almost daily and getting blitzed on the weekends. I got high before school almost everyday and at least once a month when I could afford it I would do some blow. I also tripped a decent amount in high school. My junior year I was sent to a "private reform" school where I met a lot of guys like me and increased my habits.

In college it got worse. I partied everyday and did about everything I could get my hands one. Funny though, I survived most of my classes; however, I never graduated. After meeting my wife in college (I was her dealer) she found out the extent of my addictions and made me quit everything but pot and alcohol. Since I was totally in love I did what was needed and followed her instructions. I did sneak some blow here or there, but mainly kept getting high and drinking daily. When my wife became pregnant with my son I quit pot. I did resort back to it occasionally. Previously I said I had quit it but that was a lie. I smoked a lot for a while, would put it down, buy a bag of killer and start back. It was an endless cycle. When our marriage was in the dumps I decided to quit getting high all together (plus I was scared of work drug tests). Thats when the drinking increased and kept going until July 29, 2009.

There is the truth. I guess I am blessed that I never took a liking to needles, they freaked me out.

So, today I am sober, unemployed, finding forgiveness, dealing with my abusive past, trying not to be a martyr, loving my wife and son, and trying to love myself despite my faults. The only addiction I have left are my Winston Lights. I'll tackle them another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment