Thursday, September 10, 2009

Job Interview

I had a job interview today. A second one to be exact. It was at a chain restaurant that I hate. However, it was a 2nd interview so that is positive. When the waitress asked if I would like a glass of wine or a beer I almost slipped up and said yes. I'm glad I caught myself. The company has longevity, is relatively in my field, and likes to give people freedom to do their own thing. You would think that I was excited, but I'm not. I'm scared the money will stink and I'll have to take it anyway. Bringing down my salary/bonuses if I ever get another job. Also worried about self-motivation to excel. I'm kicking it in on sobriety and worried my focus might decrease. Company parties, etc scare me now. Drinking and smoking on a Tuesday night (Beastie Boys) is what I'm worried about. There is a little travel involved and I don't want to be in a hotel with a bar on a Tuesday night. Guess what I need to be thankful for is the opportunity to feed my family and quit bitchin like a spoiled brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment