Thursday, October 1, 2009

Smoking

Been thinking about smoking a lot lately. It's really stupid if you think about it. When I smoked pot at least I got a buzz. With cigarettes there is nothing but death. How come I can't quit? I'm so addicted it's insane! I wish they would outlaw those damn things. Everywhere I turn theres a cigarette waiting in the wings for me. Driving, a writing break, etc. If I don't smoke then my synapsis get all messed up from a lack of seratonin. Anger increases, nervousness, can't think straight. I'm sitting here right now, had one this morning and already thinking about another. Is it boredom from lack of work? Habit? Physical addiction? Lack of sex? Or a combination of all the listed? Acupuncture is supposed to help, I think good thoughts about quiting but still smoke. Think to myself- If I can quit everything else then I can quit smoking. Start out with a plan then it goes to hell. Do I hold on to it because it's my last vice?

Or am I a whinning ruminator without a backbone?

No comments:

Post a Comment